Is your water tasting a little funky lately? Maybe it has a strange smell, or the color is slightly off? If so, it may be time to consider purchasing a water filtration system. Luckily, our water treatment experts can provide you with a range of equipment options to fit your family’s needs. Keep reading to learn how to know when to invest in a water filtration system, courtesy of our experienced team at All Pro Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric.
Signs a Water Filtration System Is Right for Your Family
- Strange Tastes & Smells: As mentioned above, strange tasting and smelling water is never a good sign. For instance, if there is a sulfuric, rotten egg-like smell in your water, that could mean there is sulfate in your water system, which may irritate your skin and eyes. If your water has a metallic taste, meanwhile, it could mean you are dealing with hard, minerally water, which may require a softener.
- Discolored Water: Is your water cloudy or discolored? If so, it may be contaminated with various chemicals that not only taste bad, but aren’t great for your health. If you believe there are chemicals in your municipal water supply, it’s important for the sake of yourself and your family to install a filtration system.
- Dry Skin & Hair: Dry skin and hair are further effects of hard, minerally water. They may also lead to buildup on laundry and dishes, and even cause your hair to lose its luster over time. The same is true for chemicals in your municipal water supply, which may also cause eye and skin irritation.
- Soap Scum Buildup: Soap scum, aka “limescale,” is the white crusty material that builds up on your plumbing fixtures. This substance looks bad, is difficult to clean, and as layers accumulate, can even lead to bacteria growth. It may also lead to problems with your fixtures, speaking of which…
- Appliance Problems: Hard water and water with excess chemicals in it causes your appliances and pipes to wear down faster. Heavy-duty equipment like dishwashers and washing machines can break down sooner, while even the performance of small appliances like coffee machines can suffer. Bottom line: a water filtration system can help your larger plumbing equipment and general appliances last longer.
Call Our Water Filtration Pros Today
At All Pro Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric, we have all the water filtration systems you need to help your plumbing equipment and larger household. We install carbon filtration systems, reverse osmosis filters, and point-of-use filters depending on your family’s specific needs. We can also outfit you with a cutting-edge water softener, and with ongoing repairs and maintenance for these systems, your loved ones will always have healthy, clean drinking water as long as you’ve got All Pro on your side!