According to the National Fire Prevention Association, faulty electrical wiring is the lead cause or residential fires in the U.S. And yet many Americans still fail to pay attention to their electrical wiring, resulting in terrible damage each year.
While house rewiring surely doesn’t sound like a bundle of fun for most people, it may not only improve your home, but protect your family and save you from having to rebuild after a fire. Luckily, our licensed and trained electricians at All Pro Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical have the necessary tools, skills, and training to analyze your home’s inner workings and determine what condition your wires are in. Keep reading to learn how to tell if your house needs rewiring, and contact the San Bernardino electrical experts at All Pro for all your electricity-related needs.
Signs Your Home Needs Rewiring
- Your home is old: While age isn’t always the determining factor in figuring out if your home needs rewiring, it’s a good place to start. If the electrical system in your house is 25-years-old or older, you should probably consider an upgrade, as the older wires get, the more they deteriorate, increasing the risk of fires.
- You keep smelling a burnt odor: Any time you smell burning in your home and are not sure where it is coming from, it isn’t a good sign. If this happens tour, carefully check your outlets, and look for any signs of sparks. If after inspecting your visible fixtures you don’t find anything, consider calling a professional electrician to see if anything may be wrong with the wiring in your walls.
- Your power is turning on and off: While flickering lights are far from a surefire sign you have a problem with your wiring, the more it happens, the bigger chance there is that something is wrong. Unless your home has recently been affected by a storm, watch out for lights that keep turning on and off, and call an electrician if the problem does not go away in a day or two.
- There’s a buzzing noise coming from your outlets: Buzzing or sizzling sounds emanating from outlets is a huge indicator something is wrong with your electrical system. If you hear this in your home, make sure to call an electrician immediately.
- Your circuit breaker frequently trips: Circuit breakers shut off, or “trip” when your house’s electrical limit exceeds the load. While this happens in every home occasionally, if it keeps happening again and again, there’s a good chance you’ve got a wiring issue on your hands.
Keep your Family Safe, with Our Pro Electricians
At All Pro Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical, we believe in safety above all else. While rewiring may seem like a daunting hassle, it could end up being one of the smartest decisions you ever make in the long-run. From electrical wiring to lighting installations, our professional technicians have the resources and experience needed to keep the electricity running in your home, without putting your family at risk.
Call (909) 253-0664 today to ask about rewiring and other services, or contact us online.