The truth is that most people do not give enough, or any, thought to the air they breathe, especially when they are in their homes. Not only does indoor air quality affect our comfort, it has a tremendous impact on our health. Airborne irritants such as dust, smoke, pollen, and mold can worsen allergy and asthma symptoms and make the occupants prone to illness.
The following are the common benefits of clean indoor air:
- Easier breathing – Yes, breathing is done unconsciously. However, if you are suffering from poor indoor air quality, breathing can be challenging—even if you don’t notice it. Shallow breathing patterns put great stress on your lungs and heart. When your home’s air is clean, you are able to take huge, easy breaths that provides the oxygen your body needs to function properly.
- Reduce allergies – As we mentioned in the beginning of the article, airborne irritants cause allergies to flare. When you fail to change your HVAC system’s air filters or when your home’s duct system isn’t properly cleaned, these pollutants can recirculate through your indoor air, making those who suffer from allergies miserable.
- Alleviate asthma – Those who suffer from asthma are often sensitivity to outdoor pollutants such as smoke, smog, fumes, soot, and more. However, they may not realize that indoor air can be up to five times more contaminated than outdoor air. Having clean indoor air means breathing easier.
- Reduce illnesses – We all get sick from time to time. Whether you catch the common cold or its flu season, poor indoor quality air can only worsen your symptoms, virtually extending the length of time you are ill. Combating illness and improving your overall health can occur with the help of clean indoor year.
- Improves sleep – When we sleep, our respiration goes through change, causing our breathing rate to decrease and become more stable. But when we are in REM sleep, your breathing rate may fluctuate in the same amount when you are awake. The quality of your sleep can be affected by airborne allergens and respiratory irritation, resulting in breathing issues that can evolve into sleep disorders (i.e. sleep apnea). With clean indoor air, you can breathe easier and feel refreshed as soon as you awaken.
- Eliminates odors – Whether you have pets like a dog or a cat or you often cook fish, odors can be a constant issue. Body odor or staleness can affect your mood, behaviors, thoughts, and actions. By contrast, good odors improve your mood, lower your heart rate, and reduce stress. Having high-quality indoor air can reduce odors overall.
In order to increase your home’s air quality, our San Bernardino County HVAC professionals at All Pro Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical can help. We offer our customers three options for air cleaning, such as electronic air cleaners, media filters, and ultraviolet air cleaning.
For more information, schedule your free consultation about our indoor air cleaning in San Bernardino County today by calling All Pro Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical at (909) 500-8193.