Too often, home and businessowners neglect a critical part of property maintenance: indoor air quality. While many Americans assume air quality is something that affects them outside, the fact of the matter is that plenty of contaminants can build up inside your home as well. When dust, mold, and other debris collect in ducts, vents, and throughout the rest of your house, it can spread through the entire space, causing major harm to people with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory issues. Keep your home protected from indoor pollution with these indoor air quality tips from our San Bernardino HVAC & plumbing experts at All Pro Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical.
To improve indoor air quality, you should:
- Always keep your property clean: It may sound obvious, but the fact is that the best way to combat poor air quality is still to keep your home or business as tidy as possible. Watch out for mold and mildew especially, the spores of which are terrible for breathing issues. If you have a pet, make sure you regularly clean their dander, which can be a major allergen. A vacuum with a HEPA filter may also be able to get additional dirt and grime, if you feel you can make the investment.
- Keep plants outside: While you might love to look at greenery, plants are a magnet for mold. They do release oxygen, which is good for your breathing, but they can also trigger allergies. Consider leaving the bushes outside at your commercial or residential property, and if you do find any mold, call a professional to take care of it immediately.
- Change filters: Any heating system should have its filters changed regularly, so as to prevent irritants from spreading throughout your home. Remember, the longer you go without changing your filter, the worse your air quality will be.
- Have your ducts cleaned: Duct cleaning and repair has major benefits for any office or house. Not only will this improve your air quality, but it can also improve your property value and keep your home cleaner overtime.
- Purchase an air purifier: While an air purifier may not solve all your indoor air quality needs, it will at least put you on the right track to breathing well again. For those with allergies especially, or who spend a lot of time in damp spaces, an air purifier can make a big difference.
- Let the air in: Sometimes, your house just needs to breathe. Open doors and windows once in a while to let in fresh air and let out any nasty odors and contaminants that have been building up.
Get it All Done with All Pro
At All Pro Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical, we do everything from emergency plumbing to house rewiring. With our membership program and coupons for savvy customers, you’ll never have to worry about paying too much. And, with 24/7 emergency service, you can count on us to be there when your home of business needs us the most. For indoor air quality services and beyond, people in the San Bernardino area know, All Pro has all the experience you need.
Contact us online, or call now at (909) 253-0664 for more information on improving your indoor air quality.